Capitalism

2 Conversations

The majority of the worlds governments run their economies to favour capatilism and the capitalist interest, in pursuit of the capitalist dream - Economic Growth.
Economic growth causes the destruction and exploitation of people, communities and environment, all in the name of profit for the few % that control the capital. All over the world there are people who are getting wise to the fact that "Someone is stealing their life"*
and this has seen protests all over the world, in the majority peaceful, though the capitalist controlled media are much happier giving you pictures of the few violent events, that usually occur after intense police provocation. Well they wouldn't want you looking at the issues that the peacefull masses are protesting about would it?
The recent scenes in London on Mayday were in much contrast to that the police and media had been preparing for,this is the first time that rubber bullets were authorised for use on the streets of mainland Britain, where they really that scared that a few hippies would burst the capitalist bubble with a few drums and a sound system,
does any one still believe that walls of Jericho story!


*
"Someone is stealing your life" by Michael Ventura
http://shaman.lycaeum.org/~martins/M2/ventura.html
<url probably removed by vogon>

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A543403

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more