A Conversation for Sitting Zeppo

Nice

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I like it, but the contrast is a little low... Could you try tags around it to make the characters a little heavier, perhaps?


Nice

Post 2

Freedom

Thanks! smiley - smiley

I've experimented with tags but they only seem to make the image somewhat longer - but it might improve contrast a little. I'll put them back so you can see for yourself...


Nice

Post 3

Freedom

...there. Any better?


Nice

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It didn't seem to make any difference on my screen. Which is a shame.

I did discover one "interesting" phenomenon, though... Try pressing "Control-A" (select all) while you're on that page - some of the characters select with a dark background, some with a light, and the effect it quite "interesting"...

If we could control it, that'd be a good way to insert (large) subversive messages into ASCII art... Just a thought... smiley - biggrin


Nice

Post 5

Freedom

That *is* interesting...it appears that characters made in light colors get highlighted in black on a white background.

I think I'll go experiment with some "invisible text" now smiley - devil


Nice

Post 6

Freedom

I know this is totally silly, but sort of fun too smiley - silly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A586587


Nice

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Yup, but it sort of draws attention to itself... Now big, blocky "teletext" characters under a picture of a puppy... smiley - biggrin


Nice

Post 8

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Uh-oh. Has Zeppo become subversive again?

Bad dog.
smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post