Fire, I'll Teach You To Redecorate

1 Conversation

In the sleepy little village of St Mary Cray, there is a cunning way to get your council house redecorated, even if it has only just been done. It really is quite simple and if people wanted to it could be used all over the country. All you have to do is simply set light to your house (preferably when all you belongings and family aren't in it,) and the council simply give you a new house and fully redecorate it how ever you like. The people of the Crays have been doing it for years and no one has ever stopped them. Maybe this is due to all the guns they have stashed away, or maybe it is simply another quirk of this great universe that most of us live in most of the time. Who knows?
I guess I ashould put in some sort of disclaimer here saying that I personally don't endorse the burning down of one's own property merely for the purpose of redecorating, as there are so many better reasons for arson, such as insanity, boredom, or being to scarey for the police to deal with.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A54064

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more