A Conversation for The Grand River

rivers

Post 1

ReapeR (Weevium Mortus Eradicus)

Wow cool artical, I'll read it thoroughly later, I've been told we've got to leave soon, exams tomorrow. At first glance it looks bloody good though.
Until later,
smiley - fish


rivers

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

You are most kind. Thankyou!


rivers

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

Yes indeed, this is the stuff I think they wanted the guide to be (whilst acknowledging the place for the smart one-liner). Genuine, knowledgeable, appreciative, and uplifting.

I think it's time you overcame your modesty and submitted some of these babies!


rivers

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

You're making me blush. Thanks!


rivers

Post 5

Yoda

The river and the surrounding areas sound serene and beautiful, I was just wondering if any of these areas mentioned are under national protection. I would hate for any of these places to be buldozed in the name of captalism and progress, I have seen to much of that in the surronding districts of my home. Almost certainly, similar wildlife locations in Britain would not be safe without government protection.


rivers

Post 6

ReapeR (Weevium Mortus Eradicus)

Yup, I've read it through and it is deffinatly guide material, its informative, well writen and NOT boring! Keep up the good work.
smiley - smiley


rivers

Post 7

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks, ReapeR! In answer to you question Yoda. The Grandriver Watershed is protected by The Grand River Conservation Authority (You might want to check out their web site). As far as I know, it isn't protected Federally, except in as much as it is covered by environmental protection laws generally.


rivers

Post 8

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

The Grand is a Canadian Heritage River (the only one in Ontario); so it is especially protected by the Feds.


rivers

Post 9

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Saw a beaver the other day!


rivers

Post 10

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

As a boy, I used to spend a lot of time with my friends playing in or near the river. The was a law against swimming in the Grand, at the time, because of the pollution. That didn't stop us. We used to tell our mums that we were "swimming in a friends pool". Interestingly, the father of one of my friends, a doctor, said he treated more children for infections picked up in backyard pools than from the river.


Key: Complain about this post