A Conversation for Favourite Songs of all Time

Toploader

Post 1

Colin Azole

Could the people who voted for Toploader (any song, but Dancing in the Moonlight specifically) please keep away from sharp objects. Put the Monkey Down.

I mean, Toploader???????????????????????


Toploader

Post 2

Sick Bob. (Most recent incarnation of the Dark Lord Cyclops. Still lord and master of the Anti Squirrel League and Keeper of c

I'm sorry to burst anyones bubble but both "Dancing in the Moonlight" and "Angel" are cover songs by other bands. Okay I accept that some covers are better than the original (eg. Hendrix's version of "All along the watchtower is better than Dylans) but Toploader don't even bother to change any of the lyrics (like Shaggy did) or intrumentation of the original "Dancing..." So it might as well be karioke. I know the toploader version is more famous, but to the young generation Madonna's version of American Pie is probably better known than the original (and nowhere near as good.) but I don't see it on the list.
Sorry if this seems like ranting but I like to see the actual writers getting more credit than B-rate pop stars who rip them off.

Annoyed Bobsmiley - cross (who really shouldn't have a right to complain after trying to add about 20 songs to the list...)


Toploader

Post 3

Eternity (Ace)

Regarding Madonna's version of American Pie...

NO COMMENT!!!!! smiley - grrsmiley - steamsmiley - ill


Toploader

Post 4

Sick Bob. (Most recent incarnation of the Dark Lord Cyclops. Still lord and master of the Anti Squirrel League and Keeper of c

I have to agree about the Madonna version of American Pie. I could not describe it without it just ending up a row of stars. However I feel the same about Toploader and they're second top on your poll.


Key: Complain about this post