A Conversation for Whatever happened to Lancia?

lancia

Post 1

Researcher 208752

this is a fairly typical and somewhat slanted view of the Lancia story. it is a shane that Lancia have seen their reputation for innovative and thoughtful engineering pulled from under them by a consistently hostile press since the rust scandal. i think it is fair to say that there were some problems the mistake made by lancia was to be honourable and take action to redress matters for customers the majority of manufacturers in the 70s simply turned away and did nothing, in reality the vast proportion of cars from that era rusted like crazy. the Beta range is very much maligned due to this issue, standing rust aside it was an innovative design ahead of its time and much copied by others in particular in the basic design of its rear suspension. About 4 years ago I owned a series 2 beta slaoon with 23000 miles on the clock what was remarkable about this car was the way it drove compare it to a cortina ? a bit like comparing the star ship enterprise to the wright brothers.....I could go on.... incidentally the younger generation do know what a Lancia is, ever heard of that cool car called the Integrale evolutione?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Whatever happened to Lancia?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more