A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

Work place discrimination

Post 1

Researcher 133057

I have i real life true story for you. This happend to my partner. She went to apply for a job. On the application form it asked her if she smoked ciggarettes she did not fill out this question. Then the interveiwer asked why she didnt answer that question. So the interviwer asked her if she smokes and she said yes then the interveiwer told her to leave they dont even consider hiring people who smoke.


I THINK IN THE USA THAT THIS IS SCAREY WER E SUPOSED TO HAVE RIGHTS.


Work place discrimination

Post 2

Zilch

The other part of the story:

The party you are discussing applied for a job at the Easi-Ignite Flami-Gas Plant. Open flames aren't good for health there.
Hhaha!...er...ehem. Sorry. Had to do it. Go on with your life.


Work place discrimination

Post 3

Mr. Q

This is not discrimination.
When rules protect others from a known hazzard... in this case a risk of cancer or other smoke related disease( well documented)
It is like saying that they wouldn't hire me because I carry a gun to work ( a bit extreme of an argument) or a vile of cyanide


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more