A Conversation for Thanks for Registering with h2g2 - Welcome!

what happens to us after we die?

Post 21

Ashishchr


hi
i am new to H2G2 but i would really like to comment on this one.
talking about our existence...and what happenes after death...i think this is not the point to discuss.

i believe this is a natural phenomenon...logically thinking suppose it wouldn't have been like this lets say if we existed from and uptill Eternity. what would have been the situation.

just like universe which will come to an end one day also which has been deteriorating since the Big Bang when it was created. even we are just following the footsteps of this phenomenon...at one point we are created and then we start fading away slow and steady. we just transforms into another form.simple Theory " Matter can not be created neither it can be destroyed"
what i really think about is once this universe comes to the point of transformation what more bizzarre will come up?

there is nothing which can not be explained what happens after our death. i think we all know the answer.

just like other
we will be melted into air
very thin air.

something from the experts
"we are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with a sleep." -shakspere


what happens to us after we die?

Post 22

dachwilson01

So how many of our atoms were previously part of someone elses body?


what happens to us after we die?

Post 23

Goddessoflife

Hiya!

Here it is again,,, the world of control, brought to you by fear and doubt.

Drum roll (duh duh duh duh duh duh duh)

Presenting Death!

Staring Mind control!

Sponsored by Religion!

With special thanks to Common misperception!

How do we change are perception of death?

Easy!

Understand there is no such thing!

If you were blind, do you think death would be less scary?
Not being able to see a funeral?

How about hearing,
Not being able to hear crys, news, pain, suffering and all things spoken of that WORD?

Now ask a 2 year old of its perception of death?
A baby?
3 year old? 4 year old?

When does the fear programme start?

When was your first control given to you?

Who by?

Its your life, your death, your prison, your freedom, your pain, your releif, your world, your choice.

For me death is here now, just as life is here now.

Time isn't something you can hold or own, and you can not buy it down the shop.

Just as life is not something you can hold.

They are all just one thing.

Experience.

So if you continue to experience all there is and learn and grow, you can not fear a word.

Death = packet of peanuts!
Death = jam jar.
Death = voyage of discovery
Death = anything you like.

Your world remember?


Hope this helps.

Enjoy the ride!

Love and light!



















what happens to us after we die?

Post 24

ItsGoodToBeFree

Hi there!

I believe Goddess said it everything on her post

Be fearless!

Ride as many roller coasters as you can, it doesn't really matter if this functional unit we call "body" works or not

This is another answer I hold, it may help or not... whatever I'm going to write it anyway! and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it:

We say someone is dead when their functional unit "body" stops working forever. No more heartbeats, no more nervous transmissions, no more strange noises and no more strange odours. Well, just some more odours, that is something you cannot get the rid of, live with it. Well, anyway, the body stops working and you cease to interact with our beautiful planet...

Or... ¿Do you?

Think a little about it. You possibly hear about (for example) a father saying to his son "you're dead to me, boy", even when his son's body is about to generate some tears and some more odours.
What does that father mean? That his boy isn't a part of his life anymore. That he has no need to directly interact with him. That he has no need to write a letter to him or remember him. Put it simple: he doesn't want to (and he won't) think about him.

What I'm trying to say here is that things (or persons or anything) cease to exist (or be alive) when you (or anyone else) stop thinking about them.

Another example. Hitler. When he was "alive" he really did a lot of mischief! And now that he is "dead", well... he is certainly still creating a lot of mischief! It is because of him that some people follow his ideals and wreack havoc using his name as an excuse! I is beacuse of him that I must study 100 pages of a history book and cannot hang out with my friends without thinking "damnit I must read about hitler"... The guy is still a troublemaker today. Directly or Indirectly. Perceptually or non-perceptually.

It's a weird example I know but I hope you got it.

When I "die" I only hope my family remembers me. I hope that, when my grandsons are looking at the photo album and they ask "Who is that weird-looking guy mom?" their mother (therefore, my yet-unexistent daughter) has a great storry to tell them. Like "Oh that is grandfather Raul, one day he ate fifty cheese pies (or any other crazy story)" and they'll answer "Wow I want to be like my granfather!"

I guess I will never be more alive.

Having a statue or my name in the Nobel Prize list? well that would be a nice detail! but then I have a lot of things to do if I want that kind of recognition! that kind of eternal life!

Live forever!


what happens to us after we die?

Post 25

just_a_man

after we die we leave a lot of things behind so we can be prepared for all the new things that will happen to ussmiley - smiley


what happens to us after we die?

Post 26

Goddessoflife

What ever you decide!


what happens to us after we die?

Post 27

leah55555

well, if you are a Christian, you will go to heavensmiley - biggrin
if not....hellsmiley - wah


what happens to us after we die?

Post 28

GT6Driver

Neither man nor animal lives twice.
We die.
period.


what happens to us after we die?

Post 29

GT6Driver

small round objects. sorry but thats the lie that has been fed to us for hundreds of years, to keep the church in business.


what happens to us after we die?

Post 30

tunazerg

You trashed and then recycled into heaven as an aluminium boxsmiley - ok


what happens to us after we die?

Post 31

DrPangloss

Never say never.

You didn't exist for millennia... but here you are.

If you don't exist for ANOTHER millennia... here you are again.

(just when you thought it was safe to dispose of your floss).

The real issue (I think) is this... how do you know you exist NOW and what should you be doing about it.

Isn't it curious that a lifetime of trying to figure out 'who you are' has led you to this site and the first question you are asked is 'who are you?'


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more