A Conversation for Mobberley, Cheshire, England.

Lovely County

Post 1

vegiman:-)

Passed through Cheshire many times, never stopped there although I enjoyed staying close by in the Wirrel (is that how it is spelt) which I believe used to be part of Cheshire. Never heard of Mobberley but Meopham close to me used to be the largest village in England. Don't know if it still is.
Catch you later vegimansmiley - smiley


Lovely County

Post 2

The Driver

Hello Vegiman.
Never heard of Meopham, sounds interesting if only in name.
Where is it? Thanks for dropping in BTW.....The Driver.


Lovely County

Post 3

vegiman:-)

Sorry about the time it took to reply. I seemed to have missed your response somehow.
Meopham is in North Kent. not bad as villages go.


I have been busy doing the Fun Run, Why not pop over.
http://www.h2g2.com/P130852
Join in on the FUN RUN and excersise your brain, you don't even have to leave your seat.

vegimansmiley - smiley


Lovely County

Post 4

The Driver

Hello Vegiman
I like the idea of the FUN RUN, you are on target for exercising the brain. Thanks for the tips about downloading pages, that has helped a lot, I'm a novice on the internet, so please keep the help coming.
From what I see on the pages you are involved in you want to help people like me. Good health to you sir! smiley - smiley
BTW I have found Meopham on the map, I will take a look next time i'm down that end.


Lovely County

Post 5

vegiman:-)

Your welcome.

Gravesend, the closest town to Meopham has more history. It was given a charter for the long boats and they were the only people allowed to ferry people up and down the Thames. It is also the last resting place for Pocohontas, the Red Indian Princess who died on her arrival in England. Charles Dickens based the forge in Great Expectations on the one in Chalk/Gravesend.

Gravesend is full of historical places although you have to know where to look.

All the best vegimansmiley - smiley

PS Why not pop over to my page and put the who is on line link on your page. Just click on "put Jims Link On your home page" and it will show you how to do it.


Lovely County

Post 6

The Driver

Hello Vegiman
Thanks for the script regarding seeing who is on line, I attempted to download it several weeks ago but kept failing (thick or what?). After your latest message I thought I would try again, after much activity in the dormant organ that I call my brain I finaly sussed how to do it.
Catch you later.
The Driversmiley - smiley


Lovely County

Post 7

vegiman:-)

Glad to be of help. The A to Z is quite good as well. If you like a good read.
vegimansmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mobberley, Cheshire, England.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more