A Conversation for h2g2 House Rules

Charles Darwin centenary celebration

Post 1

naojim

With Charles Darwin's 200th coming up rapidly, and a major re-vamp of Down House about to begin (though the present offering is wonderful if you want to see it before the season closes on 31st October),
I would like to plead with the BBC to issue their wonderful seven-part biographical series 'The Voyage of Charles Darwin' on DVD so we can all buy a copy. This series has been woefully underused. I believe it was only repeated once - over Christmas at breakfast time, an impossible time for mums such as I was at that time.
PLEASE ISSUE IT AT THIS AUSPICIOUS TIME!
Anyone who agrees, perhaps you could add to this conversation.


Charles Darwin centenary celebration

Post 2

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Well, I am all for celebrating Darwin, but this is perhaps the wrong place for this thread if you want anyone to notice it - only gurus or retired gurus like me, or some members of small vocal minorities, are likely to see it...

You could try asking if anyone wants to celebrate over at <./>Askh2g2</.>, or you could perhaps drum up support from half of the people found in the conversation about Dawkins' God Delusion book which can be found at F19585?thread=4005961&skip=13560&show=20 .

Welcome to h2g2 btw smiley - biggrin.

smiley - cheersvp


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more