A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

hi y'all

Post 1

?

(We need to learn how to "drawl" correctly in this Bush-era...)

Bush got on my nerves with his "religious" talk! I felt like travelling back in time...
And about Thom Yorke's "change for the better": look out, because it's an old tactic, first making something worse, and then making it better again, so it can later be said it has ameliorated. I'm afraid that's what's going to happen, and that way it's not even certain the end-result will be a status quo! (I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be happening in lots of places, Belgium not the least.)
The trend in Belgium is frightening: a headline this morning was about a poll done in some schools: the poll tells us that 6 in 10 children believe Turkish or Moroccon children are poor, stupid and dirty. The poll explains this as a result of certain television-programmes.
I don't care HOW this came to be, it SHOULDN'T be! Blaming television is all too easy! What about the parents?
This is a very frightening trend, especially in a country where in the last elections (3 months ago), the extreme rightwing party (openly racist) got 1 in 3 votes in certain districts.
It seems there is still a lot of work to be done!


Key: Complain about this post

hi y'all

More Conversations for Notes From a Small Planet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more