A Conversation for Piers Of The Isle Of Wight

A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight

Post 1

Bluebottle

http://www.h2g2.com/A491979
Piers Of The Isle of Wight - just a nice general article introducing all the piers on the Isle of Wight.
Self-explanatary really.

<BB<


A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight

Post 2

Bright Blue Shorts

Seems like you've done a good thorough job there. Having spent many a summer holiday in Ventnor, I remember it's pier well. However I seem to remember it was burnt down in a fire. Your entry suggests that this was in 1993, although I would have thought it happened in the mid 1980s. Any comment?

Also what about a little detail on how they are now used? I spent many an afternoon (& morning) wasting my holiday money on the fruit machines and playing bingo. Coming from Bournemouth, its pier has a theatre on it, do any in the IOW?

Nice work though, History was especially good.


A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight

Post 3

Bright Blue Shorts

Ok so you are truly without pier in your knowledge of the IOW piers smiley - winkeye

Scratch my comments about Ventnor pier, just read your entry there.

My new comment is:
How about some links between all the different articles. At least from the overall - "Piers of the IOW" entry.


A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight

Post 4

Bluebottle

Yes, that's what I'm working on now.
Sadly, if they do get approved, it's unlikely that the links in the approved versions will work. smiley - sadface

<BB<


A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial note: This Conversation has been moved out of Peer Review because we're now going to process it (and all the other Isle of Wight Pier entries) via the University, so they all go up in one go.


Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Piers Of The Isle Of Wight'.

Back to Entry - became Edited Entry A491979 Piers Of The Isle of Wight, UK


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Piers Of The Isle Of Wight

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more