A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

Rant

Post 1

TIMELORD

You should spend a few hours at my work one friday night the figures would go through the roof.(could it have something to do with pups being open longer)
I know what you mean about the management from the days i worked at asda but my boss at esso is ok.(I have to say that you never know who might tell them what i write)


Rant

Post 2

Anne of a Thousand Days

Forgive my lack of knowledge...but isn't ESSO an oil company?....God love your soul, If you work for an oil company...you definately need extra dispensation....I live in Texas, and oil company employees are as well treated as wild beasts...Keep them on display...but drop them when it is expedient. Hope this finds you well, and happy.
Anne


Rant

Post 3

TIMELORD

Yep it is that esso but i work in the all night shop and petrol station(gas to you)the shop part is owned by my boss the petrol is esso's.
Having worked for a place like asda(the third biggest supermarket in the uk*)it is a welcome change to work for a nice boss.

*I could tell you story's that would turn your hair grey


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 4

Anne of a Thousand Days

There are worse jobs than working with petrol/oil...I was working for a gay midget florist and his normal sized boyfiend...trust me, there are worse jobs...but we can't discuss them here!
Anne


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 5

Ormondroyd

What CAN you mean... smiley - bigeyes
Thanks for the feedback - it's good to know that someone reads the column! smiley - ok
That comment about modern management techniques was based on my last full-time job, where the basic strategy was to give everyone as little job security as possible so that we could all be exploited as thoroughly as possible. They were tremendously keen to keep everyone working freelance, or on very short-term contracts. If you objected to working evenings and/or weekends, you were always reminded of the fact that they could get rid of you any time.
Finally, I was sacked for a trivial failure when I'd been in the job for one year, eleven months and two weeks. If I'd been there for two more weeks, I'd have gained extra legal rights and would have been able to sue them for unfair dismissal - as I'm sure they were very well aware. smiley - steam


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 6

TIMELORD

In some cases you can still sue after only 12 month i am not an expert but you might still be able to make a claim i will look it up in my old law book if you like.
I know that at asda if a full time person was leaving they tryed to set on two part time people so if they did overtime they would not get overtime rates.I saw some paper work saying that only part time people sould be give over time unless it was on a sunday when they had to pay double time then they should try to give it to under 18's as students were payed less so when doubled they save twice as much this from a man who give him self 7 million shares on top of is wage.I still think that he(mr A Norman)will be the next tory P.M.


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 7

Ormondroyd

Thanks for the offer re looking up the law. Unfortunately, the place from which I was sacked has since closed down, so suing them would obviously be pretty difficult. (Serves 'em right. Obviously they were lost without me smiley - winkeye)
The next Tory Prime Minister? smiley - yikes The latest opinion polls offer some grounds for hope that there'll never be such a creature - although Mr. Norman certainly sounds to have the right sort of outlook for the job!
Could he be worse than William Hague? I can't forgive Hague for managing to give both Yorkshiremen and smiley - ale drinkers a bad name... smiley - grr


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 8

TIMELORD

So were is this piece on BRADFORD that you was on about i hope that you don't think we have forgoten about it.
have you seen the bbc's bradford site the web cam is just down the road from my work(on top of the libary)you might see me walking down to catch the bus in a morning.


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 9

Ormondroyd

Quite right sir, I have no excuse for not getting on with it now. You'll appreciate that the lack of a site to put it on was a bit a problem over the past few weeks.
Yes, I have looked at the BBC Bradford site. Rather good, I thought. Although outside links in Entries seem to be discouraged now, hopefully I'll be allowed to link to that, seeing as it's produced by h2g2's new owners!


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 10

TIMELORD

Well the lack of h2g2 is a excuse just as the dog eating you homework was when you was at school,but i did not ask for excuses i am looking forward to reading it(Soon)
P.S. I sould think that it would be ok to link to a bbc site


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 11

TIMELORD

Do you ever sleep its 3.50am all that typing is keeping me up.


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 12

Ormondroyd

So YOU'RE the odd-looking character in the flat next door... smiley - winkeye


Oh yeah...my last job was with a gay midget florist

Post 13

TIMELORD

You never know i could be*

*If you ever feel like seeing what i look like you should be able to work out were i work from what i have posted.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Notes From a Small Planet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more