A Conversation for Music: What it is, and How it Came to Be

Music

Post 1

Stephen P.

A good piece, especially when examinging the seamy business side of things. I've watched with horror as the music industry has wrenched bands around, and generally distorted the idea of music in the name of profit. One of my favorites, the Nields, fought against a record company that wasn't interested in understanding their music, and sort-of won the battle when the label collapsed. Oh, well, they're back on their feet, sadder but wiser, and still playing.
As far as music lacking an element, hasn't each new musical trend been dismissed by the critics? Jazz was disreputable at first, and rock, and so on. Whatever comes after rap will probably be dismissed as just noise, not worth bothering with. So the wheel spins.


Music

Post 2

Jonboy

Do you have an suggestions for changes to my article? I know that it is already submitted, but last time I submitted an article it took two months for a response, so there is probably still time to change it.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Music: What it is, and How it Came to Be

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more