A Conversation for Italy

Italy

Post 1

Researcher 31570

If the Italians have a lousy taste in music, what about the unbearable barrage of contemporary Brit-Pop. At least the Italians were home to Verdi and Puccini!


Italy

Post 2

Funky_bird

ok, u r right there, but what about Benjamin Brittan and Lesley Garrett, brilliant opera singer, but that isn't my taste, brit pop is good, well, some is anyway, but opera can be a bit boring and long winded, I am more of a fan of Andrew LLoyd Webber!!!!


Italy

Post 3

Researcher 31570

Unfortunately, Lesley Garrett is from another planet, and most trained singers will tell you that she cannot live up to her self made hype. Listen to Barbara Bonney, Anne Sofie von Otter, Angela Gheorgiu or Leontina Vaduva. My previous point was not to laud the merits of classical music over Rock or Jazz, but to deplore the level of mindlessness pervading the definition of music these days.


Italy

Post 4

Funky_bird

oh ok, music is music, and can be liked or disliked, whatever. everyone thinks that they have good taste in music so u can't really say that other people haven't got good taste, cos u won't win that argument!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more