Guinea The Pig

0 Conversations

Did you become an h2g2 Guinea Pig? - I did and although they got the day mixed up, the young lady who rang me was very pleasant.

It seemed to be set up in three main categories:

  1. Time on the net - Asking me whether I belonged to various groups... how long I was on line per day/week. Did I have my own web site etc. etc.
  2. Then came the crunch questions... What do you think of h2g2?... How would you improve the site?... Could you outline your likes and dislikes?... How often do you visit the site? etc. These were followed by 'Did You Know Questions'. They wanted to know if I understood some of the complicated issues, like how to use the search and how often I used it. I think I passed this one, do I get a medal?
  3. The third was more menacing... I believe this to be a psychological profile. I think I am now on file as one of the biggest nuts in h2g2. I tried to answer these questions honestly but it is difficult when you know what information they are trying to get out of you.

My young lady (I call her mine because by the end of the phone call we were talking like old mates) told me she had only been doing research work a few days. She was impressed with all the things previous people she had phoned had said about h2g2. I think that she intends to visit sometime, maybe a new researcher is born.

I hope that the 'Towers' get the info they want to make h2g2 even better than it is. Their commitment to undertaking this research shows that they want to continue to improve the site further. I, for one, say that they are doing a great job, and look forwards to any
improvements that may be implemented as a result of this line of questioning.

Thank you! On behalf of all Researchers for making h2g2 such a great site.


Vegiman


24.01.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A494660

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more