A Conversation for The rise and fall of BIBA

A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 1

Pheroneous

http://www.h2g2.com/A492365

This one could do with some contribution from others who remember the 'Biba' phenomenon.


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 2

MDS

A very good article; well-written and informative. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the subject matter, so I can't add any extra information. The entry seems pretty comprehensive as it is.

I don't think this will have any problem getting into the edited Guide. smiley - smiley

One typo: "we know think of as 1960s fashion" (now)

MDS


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 3

Pheroneous

Thanks. Duly amended. I am hoping that there are one or two Biba fanatics out there who can add to, and enliven, the entry with their memories. It was a remarkable place for a while.


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 4

NexusSeven

Admittedly I don't know too much about Biba, but IMHO what you've got already is great! If you feel you need other contributions, then I'll see if I can glean anything from people I know who have extensive first-hand contact with Biba and its products (ie my parents smiley - winkeye ).

Good work!
smiley - smiley


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 5

Pheroneous

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, n7!!


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 6

Salamander the Mugwump

Had a call from an old school friend a couple of days ago. Still nutty as a fruit cake, love her. She used to be heavily into all things BIBA. Hadn't thought about if for years but now I come to think of it, the Goth phenomenon reminds me of it a little bit. She used to wear black nail varnish (unusual back then) and, well, black everything as a matter of fact. Very moody look. As I mentioned: quite mad, and still is. Just getting a divorce from her equally nutty husband who was never quite the same after she inserted a large (about 2' long), ornate, brass key in his head. Maybe all those years of wearing black unbalanced her or gave her a head ache.

Good article. smiley - smiley


A 492365 The rise and fall of BIBA

Post 7

MDS

Good news, Pheroneous! smiley - smiley

This article has been seen by the editors, and they think it is excellent. It is now going forward to become a part of the edited Guide. It may take a little while before it hits the front page (these things often take time) but fear not: it is now guaranteed a place in the sun.

Congratulations!

smiley - bubblyMDS


Congratulations!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The rise and fall of BIBA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more