A Conversation for Earthworms

A486560 - Earthworms

Post 1

Touconos, Lord of the Toucans and Knight Who Says 'Ni'

http://www.h2g2.com/A486560

Hi! This is the article formerly known as 'Worms'. I altered it slightly, added some stuff about reproduction, and I've changed the title due to a point made by Shorn Canary (U143441). Does anyone think it has a chance at getting into the Edited Guide?



A486560 - Earthworms

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

It's looking good Touconos.

Worms make for good eating as well. Check put the article about eating insects and grubs that is featured on h2g2s front page today (8/12/00 NZ time). There is a discussion about flat worms in one of the threads.


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

I like this article about worms.

In the section about mating, the sentence about the egg sac and the cuff doesn't seem to make much sense. Perhaps you could rephrase it.

I found a strange worm on my front door step the other day. Does anyone know what it was? The front of it looked like an ordinary worm, but around the middle it widened out. It seemed to have a light coloured flat underside, although the top of it was round. It's cross section at the wide part would be a semicircle.


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 4

Wonko

Good entry!

But I'd like you to leave out the sentence about the old lady: (after that little old lady who lives down the road). smiley - smiley


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 5

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

How about adding a paragraph about the earthworms from New Zealand that are killing British worms - the slime left by the NZ worm is fatal to the British worm.

It's a bit of a mystery how the worms travelled from one side of the globe to the other but they were probably hitched a ride with some plants.


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 7

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Tourconus, your yarn will now be sent to a sub editor for editing. After editing, the yarn will await its turn to star on h2g2's front page - at which time you will be sent an email announcing this happy event. Well done.

Loony


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 8

Beeblefish

Hi Touconos, its you dilgigent subbie Beeblefish here ...

Your article is being worked on at www.h2g2.com/A342901 if there is anything else you wnt to pipe in let me know!

Cheers!

~Beeblefish smiley - fish


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 9

Touconos, Lord of the Toucans and Knight Who Says 'Ni'

Brilliant, thanks smiley - smiley Sorry, i haven't been around for a while, so I've only just noticed what's going on smiley - smiley


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 10

Beeblefish

np

~Beeblefish smiley - fish


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 11

Touconos, Lord of the Toucans and Knight Who Says 'Ni'

Hi Beeblefish!

How goes the editing? I'm a scout now! smiley - smiley
I was just looking att he article again and I was wondering whether the comment in the first line (about the little old ladies) should go. What do you think?

Touconos


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 12

Beeblefish

I was thinking that too .. consider it done .. now that my major project is done I can get back to subbing ..

~Nathan?Beeblefish


A486560 - Earthworms

Post 13

Touconos, Lord of the Toucans and Knight Who Says 'Ni'

I know it's your job, but I've spotted a spelling mistake smiley - smiley
It's the second sentence of the paragraph titled 'So how do they mate?'. It says 'dispite' instead of 'despite'.

Touconos


Key: Complain about this post