Epilepsy: My Story

2 Conversations

I am an epilectic. <BR/>Since I was 12 years old I have been subject to wiring problems in my brain that cause me to malfunction temporarily. <BR/> Sometimes I hallucinate, sometimes there's an impending sense of doom, often I get nauseous, I have had clonic tonic (gran mal) siezures, and occaisonally all of the above have occurred. <BR/>There is no known reason for my epilepsy. <BR/>From what the various neurologists and pyshcotherapists have told me, there is nothing wrong with me that can be fixed permanently, like a tumor or a lesion on my brain, but with the right amounts of medication I can control the shakes to the point that I feel cured until I run out on a trip somewhere and don't have enough money to cover the cost of a few pills. <BR/>Then I am screwed.<BR/> As of the writing of this I have had 3 clonic tonics and innumerable partial (petit mal) siezures, all of which left me feeling very defeated by my brain.<BR/> <BR/>"Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be epilectics."
<BR/> -me

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A486317

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more