A Conversation for Star Constellations: The Lion

Brilliant!

Post 1

Tango

This is great, one question though:

If you have scanned in the star map (and modified it) does that cause problems with copyright (Towers are very strict!)?

Other than that this is brilliant, I am sure Towers won't mind keeping the maps.

Thanks you!

Tango


Brilliant!

Post 2

Cefpret

This is no problem. The originals are entirely different, no pixel of them has survived: I used them as a background layer just to have the right positions for my symbols and lines. And no one can hold the copyright on the sky.smiley - smiley


Brilliant!

Post 3

Tango

Great, I've got to go now but I'll link to this page from the constellations index page and explanation as soon as I can!

Tango


Brilliant!

Post 4

Cefpret

Before I draw further maps I need to know how good they will look after having been re-painted by the h2g2 art team. Anna said that they can be included but they want to use the pain bitmaps as a template instead of the Corel Draw files (which I don't understand, by the way). See http://www.h2g2.com/F21356?thread=92919 So let's try to get _one_ constellation entry edited to see whether it's worth it. Any further comments on the contents of such an entry?


Brilliant!

Post 5

Tango

Thanks,

I'll contact Mark and ask him for advice as he is editing all the Uni projects!

I'll let you know if I think of any extra info.

Tango
smiley - star


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more