A Conversation for THE UTOPIA CAFEBAR NOTICEBOARD

Great Works of litreture

Post 1

JK the unwise

The story by Lewis Carrol
Alice through The Looking Glass.
Has in it a poem whch demonstrates quite nicly
the foly of organised religion in
the poem,which is called The Walrus And The Carpenter,
The Walrus, with his girth and good nature obviously represents either Buddha or, with his tusks, the Hindu Elephant God.
That takes care of your Eastern religions.
Now, The Carpenter is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter - he represents the Western religions.
Now in the poem, what do they do?
They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to devour the helpless creatures.
I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being.
Organised religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, our decisions, out of fear of some intangible parent figure who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, 'do it and I'll kick the f******* s*** out of you'
smiley - fairy


Great Works of litreture

Post 2

Hyperpeanut

I agree


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more