A Conversation for THE UTOPIA CAFEBAR NOTICEBOARD

Human Rights

Post 1

purplejenny

http://www.h2g2.com/A224623 gives you a rundown on the Universal Declaration of Human rights, and here's what the H2g2 president has soapboxed on the matter. http://www.h2g2.com/A458679

Universal Human Rights is both international law, and a far-fetched vision of utopia.

For more about how and why human rights are violated, and what can be done to stoppit, try Okapi's page...

"Incursions upon Human Rights and the Environment are a spectre that haunt us for much of the time. Whether we choose to become involved or merely stand on the side lines, is, of course, a matter of choice."

http://www.h2g2.com/A441686

suggestions and comments welcomed as usual.

purplejenny


Human Rights Websites

Post 2

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Crosspoint Anti Racism - a whole load of links:
[URL removed by moderator]

Now for something really frightening. Check out this website:

[URL removed by moderator]

This is the site for an ultra-racist RELIGION. What I want to know is this: should we even visit these sites and read what is written in them? If we visit these sites we give these guys some kind of support. But if we don't visit these sites we don't know what they are saying or what they are up to. I feel we need to know this kind of s**t because we're going to have to deal with it. Any comments?


Human Rights Websites

Post 3

purplejenny

Hi willem,

I visited the church of the creator - indeed quite scary. i sent him a short polite e-mai, titled 'count me out' asking him never to claim to speak for or represent me. i also politley suggested that he
change his mind, but I don;t suppos that he will in the near future.

I think we should see sites like this, and perhaps offer a little polite but negative feedback.

pj


Human Rights Websites

Post 4

purplejenny

Ps - he and I are having an email chat about it right now.


Removed

Post 5

purplejenny

This post has been removed.


Watch Out!

Post 6

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Jenny, be careful - I have done a bit more reading about these hate groups and they often target individuals who give them opposition! On the one hand, the Church of the Creator is based in America and you live in Europe, and the fact that "Reverend" Hale responded rapidly and in person to your email shows that it cannot be a very large organisation. So they are probably don't have armies of people ready to strike at "enemies". But these groups also perform internet attacks with various kinds of low strategies. Give them some positive input, but don't make them angry at you, or you could find yourself in trouble!


Watch Out!

Post 7

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

I think we need to be aware of the existence of these hate groups, but not concentrate on their activities, but rather concentrate on our own, positive activities. Rather than directly combating racists - and turning yourself into a target - spread a message of hope and love and peace and harmony. Spend more time at positive websites that try to make a difference through constructive action.

But as I said we also need to know about the darker side, and we will from time to time have to confront them. Here is a website that is dedicated towards information to counter the information spread by many hate groups. I recommend it very highly, it contains a wealth of information and explanation and its attitude is very open and positive:

One Man's Mind
http://www.geocities.com/onemansmind/


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more