A Conversation for 42

for tea two?

Post 1

the_drumz

pick a number, any number...
Of course 42 is the meaning of life, and as such it is somewhat fruitless to try and find further meaning to The Answer.
However, ever tried converting 42 to binary?
42=101010= I owe, I owe, I owe,
so off to work I go...
The True Answer!!!
or at least significant


for tea two?

Post 2

Wonko

Well, good! How did you find out? Convert everything to binary prior processing? smiley - smiley


for tea two?

Post 3

the_drumz

Wonko the Sane is it?
I found out by having my uncle tell me about it. He's an old-skool computer programmer, and (apparently) that is the meaning behind 42.
It's easy to come up with even without maths skills, just type 42 into the Advanced windows or Mac calculator and press "Bin" (for Binary)
tah-dah...


for tea two?

Post 4

Wonko

Well, I once read a (auto)biography of (or by?) Douglas Adams, that's where I found the tea for two thing, which my friend Klaus had suggested to be the answer on his own.

But DNA himself always said that he didn't intend it to have any meaning.

Some researchers once made a test with many people asking them to pick a number between 1 and 100. 42 was the winner. But you may question how many DNA fans there were. smiley - smiley




for tea two?

Post 5

the_drumz

DNA could be pretty vague. Must be a author's trait. But since he didnt give 42 any meaning,(?) it means all of us can assign whatever meanings we like to it.
Which is a good thing.
By the way, check out The Idea at my page...
thedrumz


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more