A Conversation for The Clanger Planet Embassy

Free soup

Post 1

Bagpuss

Yes folks, the Ministry of Jelly isn't the only place that can give away freebies. Now form an orderly queue and do remember to hoot "thank you" to the baby Soup-dragon who's doing this job to supplement his paper round.

\__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/


Free soup

Post 2

Stretchy

Hi Bagpuss,

Saw your mailshot, thought I'd drop by for free soup. Er... it is free, isn't it?

I guess from the references to Bagpuss and the Clangers, you're a fan of classic-era children's telly. I'm past the big 30 now, so I tend to remember the telly I watched as a kid better than I can remember what I came into the kitchen for five minutes ago...

Where was I? Ah, yes - children's telly. Don't forget 'Rhubarb' - the greatest of them all (at least, I think so).

And am I the only person in the world who remembers 'Noah and Nelly'?

Haven't done a smiley yet, so smiley - smiley

All the best,

Stretchy.


Removed

Post 3

Bagpuss

This post has been removed.


Free soup

Post 4

Stretchy

So I didn't just imagine 'Noah and Nelly'! I like the TV Cream site - I ended up spending quite a bit of time there.

21 - aaaarrrggghhhh! That makes me feel so old! I can remember the first episodes of 'Roobarb', 'Willo the Wisp' and (I think) 'Bagpuss' itself. At least I only saw 'Andy Pandy' as repeats....

I don't remember Moschops BUT one of my friends used to call me 'Moz-chops' (my surname in the 'real' world is Morris, so I'm quite often called 'Moz', 'Mozzer' etc.), and I thought until now that he had just made the 'chops' bit up!


Free soup

Post 5

Bagpuss

I was very impressed that TV cream gave Bagpuss the highest TV immortality rating; narrowly beating the Clangers and Dr. Who. Yay!

Is 21 and 2/3 any better? I used to love Willow the Wisp, but the only thing I can really remember is Evil Edna (similar to evil Ann, but not a quiz show presenter).

Well, a Moschops was a very early dinosaur, so your friend didn't necssarily have to have seen the series.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more