A Conversation for Schlager

A461224 - Schlager

Post 1

FCL-BW

http://www.h2g2.com/A461224.

I would like to nominate this entry for consideration in the Peer Review. It addresses an important part of German-speaking song, which is (fortunately) little known in the wider world - the 'Schlager' pop music format. To the best of my knowledge, no-one in the H2G2 community has yet written on this subject, so I thought I would. Well, someone had to.


A461224 - Schlager

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yepp, this one belongs into the Guide (although it reveals a rather dark side)! There should be a competition: $100,000 for the person who can listen to Schlager for 60 minutes in a row and stay mentally sane.


A461224 - Schlager

Post 3

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Open your purse, Bossel, I can do that!

(Does that mean that I'm mentally insane already?)

smiley - cooljfsjbbsmiley - cool


A461224 - Schlager

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I'm not in a position to judge your mental state, and I'm not a psychiatrist, and, erm, well you know, I was grown up to be polite and ...


A461224 - Schlager

Post 5

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Oh, come on, Bossel!

I must admit that I'm a real 'Schlager'-fan. It's got to be oldies, however. Hardly anything beats sitting at the campfire and playing and singing "Dänen lügen nicht" (Danes don't lie), which is, as you know, a ripoff of "Tränen lügen nicht" (tears don't cry), which is, as you might know, a ripoff of "When a Child is Born".

Schlagers from the 70s are still nice songs.

And yes, I am mentally insane smiley - online2long
smiley - cooljfsjbbsmiley - cool


A461224 - Schlager

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Phew, that was close! How could I afford that much money? I'd sort it in as a gruelty just short of brainwashing, anyway (sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it /is/ that way).
"Herz, Schmerz, und ein bißchen mehr..."


A461224 - Schlager

Post 7

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Congratulations! This entry has been recommended for inclusion in the Edited Guide. This will bring knowledge of this fine music format to a largely ignorant audience, promoting insanity throughout the globe. smiley - winkeye

This article will be passed on to a sub-editor, and will spend some time on the What's Coming Up page for last minute additions before it makes the home page. The process is slow, so have patience. Your day of fame is on the way.


Congratulations!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Schlager

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more