A Conversation for Kurt Vonnegut, Jr

Cat's Cradle

Post 1

Ignu

I've just discovered Vonnegut. I found Cat's Cradle in a box of computer manuels I got from a friend of mine. It is absolutly amazing. I hav't been able to pt it down. Is Welcome To the Monkey House Good? I've head a lot about it.


Cat's Cradle

Post 2

gandalf

well welcome to the mokey house is a collection of short stories most of which are are science fiction themed. If you like cats cradle though i would suggest reading his novels like slaughterhouse five and hocus pocus


Cat's Cradle

Post 3

Ignu

If heard a lot about Slaughter House Five, a couple of my English teachers recommended it to me, and plan on reading it after I'm done with Cat's Cradle.


Cat's Cradle

Post 4

Moth

highly recommended;
Sirens of Titan and Mother Night.
Vonnegut was one of douglas Adam's favoutire authors and if you read the former you'll see the influence for HHGTG


Cat's Cradle

Post 5

sepiatone

I'd suggest you at least look through welcome to the monkey house, it has harrison bergeron, one of his most famous short stories. I would also recommend Bluebeard, Galapagos, Deadeye Dick, and Slaughterhouse 5, those are my favorites.


Cat's Cradle

Post 6

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Today I picked up 'Breakfast of Champions' at a flea-market in town - & quickly devoured the first 20 pages on the bus home. Although it was written in 1973 it is cool smiley - cool and fresh as the morning milk. Great humour, great insight and pertinent.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kurt Vonnegut, Jr

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more