A Conversation for GG: The Cello

A459489 - The Cello

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

http://www.h2g2.com/A459489

Here's an entry about that beautiful instrument, the Cello. I can't remember whether I submitted this for peer review before. If I did, apologies.


A459489 - The Cello

Post 2

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Gnomon, it's always a pleasure to read your musical Entries, the same is true for this one. The cello is one of those instruments that I would love to play but I never had the time to learn it.

Just one little thing: You name the Italian luthiers by their italian names (Amati, Guarnieri) but you use the latinized name Stradivarius. As far as I know it was quite common to have a latin or greek form of one's name in that time, but I think calling Stradivaius by his italian name Stradivari might be more authentic (?).

Otherwise it's perfect from my personal point of view.smiley - ok


A459489 - The Cello

Post 3

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

smiley - ok
Gnomon, you'll be glad to hear that your excellent entry has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. This means that the day will come when your Entry will be featured on the Front Page. Please keep in mind that the Sub-Editors are only humans (that's what I've been told smiley - winkeye) and that the Editorial process may take some time. You'll be informed by Email when your Entry has made it.

Have you written more of them?


A459489 - The Cello

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks for recommending my entry. I'm delighted that it's in there, along with the Clarinet and Recorder. My Trumpet entry didn't get any interest so I'll revamp it. I'm working on the Mandolin and Trombone.

I made the change you suggested about Stradivari.


A459489 - The Cello

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


A459489 - The Cello

Post 6

Guy

Not being a musician, but attempting to learn guitar and recorder, I can appreciate the beauty of music and instrument.

My first experience of the cello was through the"Child star" Ofra Harnoy back in the 70's. Unfortuntely I have lost my favourite recording "Cello Encores" and would like to find a replaceent. If you know of the musician, or where I can find older recordings, I would appreciate hearing from you.


A459489 - The Cello

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

I can't help on this particular cellist.

If you're learning the recorder, you might like to check my entry, "how to play the recorder" at:

http://www.h2g2.com/A444809


A459489 - The Cello

Post 8

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Guy,

please try the following link:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Ofra+Harnoy+Cello+Encores&hl=de&lr=&safe=off&client=googlet&btnG=Google-Suche

It brought me 14 hits, maybe it's going to help you.


A459489 - The Cello

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

It's more than 4 months since this one was recommended for inclusion in the guide. Meanwhile, entries that I submitted in March have already been Edited. Is this normal or has this one been forgotten about?


A459489 - The Cello

Post 10

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Gnomon,

I'll try to get some information.

Jeremy


A459489 - The Cello

Post 11

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Gnomon,

Ashley promised to look into it. I'll keep you informed.

Jbtw: I have an Entry in the 'queue' that has been picked and recommended long before I was a Scout myself. At least it is already pending' right now.


Key: Complain about this post