A Conversation for Linux Users' Group

iTunes and Linuz

Post 1

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Does anyone have any direct experience of running iTunes inside WINE - or any other method of managing an iPod via Linux? What's the easiest way...especially for a non-techie? btw - This thread (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1860405?thread=1667524) deals with a non-techie's struggles to enter The Wonderful and Frightening World of the Penguin. Does anyone have anything else to add, besides the excellent support I'm already getting from Phil? Main motivation: A Guide Entry on a basic guide to getting yer average PC up and running with Linux and all the tools you'd expect from a home PC. Suggestions for a snappy title welcomed.


iTunes and LinuX

Post 2

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

LinuZ?! smiley - blush


iTunes and Linuz

Post 3

HappyDude

If you don't mind shelling out cash for software, itunes is supposed to be supported by CrossOver Office from version 3.1 onwards. If you try the wine route I'm sure I read somewhere that you need to install it in such a way that it is emulating NT (as opposed to 9x).

A native Linux solution might be to use 'gtkpod' http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

smiley - goodluck


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more