A Conversation for Poecilia reticulata - Guppy

A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 1

Crystal Butterfly

http://www.h2g2.com/A457247
I welcome any comments on this entry.


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 2

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

I think that's a very informative Entry. As I'm no smiley - fish expert, I have to leave it up to someone else's expertise to comment on that, but to me as a layman it seems to be well written.

I would reccommend one thing to change: IMO the Entry would look better if you don't set the linefeed manually with the -tag. You waste a lot of screen space by forcing the browser to make short lines. That's just a hint and, of course, a matter of taste.

Another matter of taste is that I prefer -tags to -tags. They look better to me (at least in classic Goo skin), but that's something you may want to try and to decide for yourself.

Hope this helps!

jfsjbb


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 3

Crystal Butterfly

Thank you very much for your time.
I have done as you suggested and removed the tags, and also changed the SUBHEADERS to HEADERS.
Now would you please tell me how do I find an expert to read the content and comment upon it?
Considering I have been breeding guppies myself for years, I welcome another expert opinion on my writing.
By the way, I have in my own aquarium, a fan-tail male whose black and gold markings look like fingerprints.
I have never seen such a guppy on sale, anywhere.
It was from a batch born in my tank in April, 3 survived to adulthood, and this is the only one left.
I keep introducing females in the hopes that he will breed and produce more.
He is a fascinating little fishsmiley - smiley


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 4

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

CB,

it looks much better now.

To find an expert for your topic, you might just search the Guide for "fish", or "aquarium", or the like, ... Maybe there's a researcher who has written about a related topic.

jfsjbb


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 5

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Congratulations, Crystal Butterfly,

your "nice little Entry about a nice little fish" has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide.

When it does get into the Edited Guide, you will be informed by mail, but please bear in mind it can take a while for entries to go through the sub-editing system.

Please be patient, but the first hurdle is crossed.

Keep on writing!

jfsjbb smiley - smiley


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 6

Mark Moxon

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

Congratulations!


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 7

Crystal Butterfly

Thank you both, I am honoured and pleased.smiley - bigeyes
I am already working on my next Entry.smiley - smiley
Crystal Butterfly db


A457247 - Poecilia reticulata {Guppy}

Post 8

Crystal Butterfly

It's on the front page!smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more