A Conversation for Kalahari Desert

Public toilets

Post 1

Smaug

The availability of public toilets is inversely proportional to the number of people seeking them, and also correlates inversely with the urgency of their need.


Public toilets

Post 2

Gleemonger

If only I'd gone to university I could have done my thesis on public toilets (as opposed to in them). If, of course, I could have figured out what course I would have to do in order to be allowed to spout about loos! *lol*

But anyway, many years ago now some local publishing mob brought out a faaaabulous little book called "The Sydney Good Loo Guide" and it was all about public toilets around Sydney (funny, that). It rated them for cleanliness, accessibility, the degree of dysfunctionality of the soap dispensers and so on. And it was witty!!! I'm still experiencing disappointment that it didn't stay on the bestseller list for 8 years.

*hum* But, getting back to the point, which was to comment on your illustrious words... uh, well, yes, I agree. Quite right. Have a cup of tea on me.


Public toilets

Post 3

Seanie

I don't know about the rest of the world but in UK, if you need a Loo, just look for a huge yellow M sign. Here you will find a useable urinal at least. Many such installations come complete with refreshments and if anything displeases you simply order one of the minions -who should be in great evidence- to deal with it for you


Public toilets

Post 4

mrs. slartibartfast

i ordrered minions once. had them fried and they were terrible.


Public toilets

Post 5

Seanie

Minions are better grilled on a skiddle, left to cool, and then simply reheated by microwave at a later date.... add or remove relish to taste... Share and Enjoy!


Public toilets

Post 6

Seanie

By the way, polystyrene boxes are an ideal way to store any spare Minions you have lying around.


Public toilets

Post 7

mrs. slartibartfast

thanks for the tip. i'll keep that in mind.


Public toilets

Post 8

Seanie

Minions don't travel well on Skidoos though..... or rather a person eating minions doesn't travel well on a skidoo, if I were you, I'd pack snow shoes if you're planning on minions.. Just a thought.


Public toilets

Post 9

Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

What are minions?

Oh, hello Mrs Slartibartfast, fancy seeing you here. smiley - winkeye


Public toilets

Post 10

mrs. slartibartfast

yes mr. garabaldi, we do seem to bump into each other quite a bit. see you back at the party.


Public toilets

Post 11

The Serpent

The Kalahari is the second worst place to find a public toilet. The worst is Glastonbury, UK - annually at the end of June.


Public toilets

Post 12

Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

Please Exlpain?!! smiley - smiley


Public toilets

Post 13

The Serpent

At Glastonbury each summer there is a music festival where 10,000 people descend on a field and share a single chemical toilet.
Well, it's not exactly that situation but it seems like that.


Public toilets

Post 14

Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

I see. And if one person gets the runs, every one who goes ends up getting the runs. I know what you mean.


Public toilets

Post 15

Merkin

Nope, it's 100,000 people, and the only chemicals in the toilet are the ones produced by it's users!

It's the only place in the world I've seen toilets so full that the contents are taller than the seat...

Twiglet anybody smiley - winkeye


Glastonbury toilets

Post 16

Researcher 54032

I just held my poo in for 5 days and became very ill and slightly larger. On the way home we stopped at a petrol station where we all relieved ourselves. I was just leaving the (was clean/now over full) toilet, when a group of girls, obviously just from the festival, say, "ohh lets stop here, theyll have clean toilets!" Ha ha.


Glastonbury toilets

Post 17

Researcher 54032

I just held my poo in for 5 days and became very ill and slightly larger. On the way home we stopped at a petrol station where we all relieved ourselves. I was just leaving the (was clean/now over full) toilet, when a group of girls, obviously just from the festival, say, "ohh lets stop here, theyll have clean toilets!" Ha ha.


Glastonbury toilets

Post 18

mrs. slartibartfast

i rather think telling us once was bad enough, but twice????????


Glastonbury toilets

Post 19

Garibaldi - Patented Mr G party at F14181?thread=256534

I agree with you on that one Mrs. Slartibartfast


Glastonbury toilets

Post 20

mrs. slartibartfast

that post was a few days ago and i still feel ill from it!!! and hello again mr. garabaldi!


Key: Complain about this post