A Conversation for 2005 London Terror Attacks

Two Sevens Clash

Post 1

Number Six

From my interest in punk, I've gained a rough working idea of rastafarian prophecies and the concept that something bad would happen when two number sevens clashed. This was why many people thought the apocalypse would come in 1977.

I've just realised the significance of today's date. Maybe there was something in the old dread prophecy after all. Or perhaps someone in the terrorist cell had an eye for that kind of thing.

Probably just a coincedence though. I consider this in no way worthy of starting a conspiracy theory or anything like that. But perhaps worthy of a little discussion.

smiley - mod


Two Sevens Clash

Post 2

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like


More than likely coincidence.

On the hand, 'Two Sevens Clash' by Culture is a mighty fine album, one of the finest to come out of Jamaica during the 70's. smiley - ok

smiley - shark


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 3

AgProv2

07/07/2005

Discounting zeros, that's

7+7+(2+5) = 777.

are there any numerologists out there who could explain further?

Although I'm not inclined to think this is more than an odd conicidence and possibly totally trivial in the light of what happened.


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 4

badger party tony party green party

Well people die horribly all over the world every single day. We know care and think about those who have died in London on the 7/7/05 ecause we live in areas where reporting is not only Euro, british and even Lodndon ecntric in its views.





onelove smiley - rainbow


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 5

Number Six

smiley - eureka I knew Two Sevens Clash was a song (which I downloaded and finally heard last year) but not that it was an album as well.

I came across it reading 'England's Dreaming' - apparently it was part of the reason The Clash chose their name, the other one being that 'Clash' seemed to be the most common word in newspaper headlines at the time.

I'm a bit of an amateur once I venture outside guitar-based music (which is what I've been trying to do a lot of over the last year) but wasn't it Techno and Ambient that Kraftwerk basically invented?

smiley - mod


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 6

Arnie Appleaide - Inspector General of the Defenders of Freedom

numerology, et. al., can "predict" anything retroactively. But retroactive prediction isn't really prediction, is it?


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 7

The Groob

As a character in the Fast Show would've said "It's all a load of bollerx".

I'll be calling the event "The London attacks". "The British 9/11" or "7/7" is just lame.


Actually...Three Sevens Clash

Post 8

Number Six

I think of it as 'The London Transport Bombings' at the moment.

The sad thing is that because we're now in the world of 24 hour news channels, any tag or title for an event like this has to be reduced to a maximum of around 14 characters so it can fit in the big-print caption in capitals that they put across the bottom of the screen.

And that caption is likely to be the image that people remember. I think Sky were using 'London Attacks' and BBC News 24 were using 'London Bombings'.

smiley - mod


Key: Complain about this post