Commorrogh

4 Conversations

a spooky underground tunnelCommorogh. The most famous of the Dark Elf Cities. Or perhaps Infamous. It is the only Dark Elf City that can defend itself sufficently that it needn't fear people knowing of it's location. It lies deep below ground, it's sun is the magma of the earth's core. The tunnels closest to the surface are crossed by the tunnels of the orcs and goblins.


The Towers of Commorogh



In the mighty Commoroghan caverns - so high you cannot see the ceiling for vapours from the lava - are the Black Towers of Commorogh. Therein dwell the drow, the elfkin turned to evil. Their every whim is served by slaves, drugged and conditioned that the drow may never fear rebellion.

Perched on the ceiling of the cavern are the ancient wyverns. A brave and strong dark elf may climb the wall and call for a wyvern to choose him/her. If they are deemed worthy by one of the wyverns the beast will bond with the drow, and bear it's new companion safely to the ground. This only happens one in ten times of a drow attempting this. Most drow cannot climb to the top of the cavern, and become exhausted, falling to their deaths. Of those who do make it, about two in three is devoured.

A ball and chain.An elf

Politics



In an obsidian tower that stretches to the very roof of the great cavern is the Emperor's tower. Upon the Ruby Throne sits the Emperor Rakarthi Loreneth Dracen of the ancient Dracen line. The emperor is supposed to embody all the dark eldar qualities of chivalrous cruelty. His forbears certainly did. Yet Rakarthi is a little lax, not sadistic enough (though still enough to rival any normal dark eldar). There are disturbing rumours among the court that he has a human lover. If so this could mean civil war among the inhabitants of Commorrogh.


Magic, Chi and Psy



Magic

Improvisation Ione by DoctorMO
The libraries of Commorrogh are full of detailed Healing Magic. They know all healing spells, but those that cause a bright light are held under lock and key and labelled 'forbidden' (ie. Sunburst, Lightstorm and Blinding Light).
Bluefish
TThe libraries of Camorragh hold no knowledge of water magic.
A scary skullThe drow of Commorrogh are masters of death magic. Their libraries encompass all known death magic spells.
A hand illuminated by flames.The drow of Commorrogh are excellent at fire magic. Their closeness to lava has bred it into them. Their libraries know up to level four in fire magic and the level five spell 'summon fire elemental'. Anything higher than that is too bright.
Thistles
The libraries of Camorragh hold no knowledge of Nature magic.




Psi

The hippocampus in the brain.
The dark elves utilise psychic powers to manipulate their slaves.

  • Force Forgetfulness (all levels)
  • Implant Memory (all levels)
  • Mask (all levels)
  • Pain Shield
  • Slow
  • Stun
  • Subdue Interest
  • Subvert
  • Telepathy




Chi

Acrobats
Most beings master chi through practise and training. The dark elves master it in a far darker and more ritualistic manner.

  • Venom Punch
  • Muscle Lock
  • Nerve Strike
  • Meditate
  • Dizzying Palm
  • Center of Being

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A4355318

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more