Talking Point: Microblogging

5 Conversations

One of them new-fangled gramophone thingymajigs.

Microblogging. What exactly is it and is it any good? We try to be cutting edge on h2g2 but having had a look at the site you might think we could try a bit harder. A lot harder. We're more sort of blunt edge at the minute. Joking aside though, we all know h2g2 is a truly brilliant community, sharing knowledge and learning new things under the watchful spirit of Douglas Adams, a force for good! But would things like microblogging applications or any other new technologies help the community thrive more?

  • Are you a Twitter user? (If you are does this make you a Twit? Or a Twitterer?) What value does it have? Is there any way it might help the h2g2 Community?

  • Could you explain Twitter for those that don't know anything about it?

  • What would you expect from an h2g2 Twitter feed?

  • What other microblogging applications do you use, if any?

  • We have an h2g2 Facebook page - is this a good idea or not? Could we put it to some use or can do everything we need to do here?

  • But would the community benefit from using newer micro blogging technologies? Is there any way we could use stuff like this in connection with h2g2?

  • Do you already make use of things like Yonkly or Sweeter which are apparently similar applications to Twitter?

  • Are there any more things you'd like to play with, applications etc? What other applications might be of use to the site?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A43460192

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more