A Conversation for The Friesian Heavy Horse

Heavy horses

Post 1

heavyfan

Hi, I am Clydefoot
I was so pleased to see heavy horses featured. The articles about Jutland and Friesians were so informative.
I have a 17hh Clydesdale mare aged 9 and an 18hh Shire gelding aged 12. They are known as Ruby and Oliver.
The articles will contribute to the preservation of heavies by highlighting the breeds. Most heavy breeds are on the rare breeds list or endangered species.
I would really like to hear from like-minded people. A friend & I started the Cumbrian Working Horse and Pony Society this year. Our aim is to bring these animals the the attention of as many people as possible and also to to preserve the working heritage.
There are very few traditional horsemen (and women) left and we must not let the skills die out.


Heavy horses

Post 2

BMT

Hi there,
Thank you for your comments. smiley - ok
smiley - goodlucksmiley - space with your venture, I hope it works out well for you.


smiley - cat


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Friesian Heavy Horse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more