Talking Point: I Didn't Mean to Send That!

6 Conversations

A text message received on a mobile phone.
CANT W8 2 TICKLE UR

EARS TONIGHT MY GORGEOUS

FWUFFY WABBIT! DYING 2 C U!

LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU!

LOVE YOU!!! MWAH! XXX

A playful and harmless text sent to your lovely girlfriend, Georgina. Except that you sent it to your boss George whose name is next to hers in your mobile phone address book. Oh dear.

We've all done something like that though, felt the stomach-churning moment of sheer white horror just after you've hit the 'send' button on your mobile, email or instant messenger. Oh God, that wasn't for him/her. Please ground swallow me up now, I need to disappear immediately. It often happens in offices when folk hit the 'reply all' button. They only ever meant to send the email to their best mate, but now the whole office knows they're desperate to make mad passionate love on top of the photocopier with the accounts manager!

There are no bullet points or questions this week; we just want embarrassment. We want you to regale us with any stories you have of messages or emails sent in error to the wrong person, or even anything you might have said out loud when the person who really wasn't meant to hear was standing right behind you.

Dear all please unburden yourself of any embarrassing, excruciating, cringe-inducing anecdotes; we'd love to hear them. Make us squirm.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A43120559

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more