A Conversation for GG: The Trumpet

A431155 - The Trumpet

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

http://www.h2g2.com/A431155

This is an article about the trumpet. It gives the general principles of how trumpets work and a bit of history.


A431155 - The Trumpet

Post 2

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

I like this article. It's interesting fun to read without making a bad deal by trading precise information for humor.

On thing I'm not quite sure of: Didn't Louis Armstrong play cornett? It's almost the same as a trumpet, I think (I beg your very pardon, trumpet and cornett players, for my ignorance).


A431155 - The Trumpet

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


A431155 - The Trumpet

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Ta very much! Since I had heard nothing since September about this one, I assumed it had been quietly forgotten. It just shows, the recommendation process does sometimes take some time!


A431155 - The Trumpet

Post 5

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

Congratulations, Gnomon! smiley - ok

You should really think about writing the 'Gnomon's advanced h2g2 encyclopaedia of musical instruments'!

I'm glad that your Entry made it. I was really thinking about picking that one myself, but someone els was faster smiley - erm......


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GG: The Trumpet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more