A Conversation for The Beach Boys - Solo and Outside Works

A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 1

Stealth Munchkin

http://www.h2g2.com/A429860

This is the second part of my series of entries on the different periods of the Beach Boys' work. the first portion was already accepted into the edited guide, and I would like this one to be as well. No-one else seems to be writing on these, and the entry is factually accurate, so I think it probably deserves to be there as well...


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 2

Stealth Munchkin

Just boinking this one...


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 3

J'au-æmne

This is a good entry. smiley - smiley the only thing I'd say is, you use the first person somewhat in dissing Mike Love, and the writing guidelines say you should always use third.

Joanna


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 4

Stealth Munchkin

Thanks - I've altered the one first person thing I could find (I changed 'I could believe' to 'it would be easy to believe'). No doubt the subs would want to tone down that part anyway, but I simply couldn't bring myself to be any easier on that worthless excretion from Satan's diseased sphincter... put it this way - among Beach Boys fans I'm considered a little soft on the man...


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 5

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I think this is an excellent entry, and very well-written to boot. I found a couple of small typos, Stealth Munchkin, so I dropped my nitpicks to you at your user page. I hope you don't mind. smiley - smiley


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 6

Stealth Munchkin

Thanks - of course I don't mind...


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 7

Jimi X

Have you considered pulling these out of Peer Review and doing an h2g2 University of Life project devoted to the 'Boys'? That way they could all run together at some point...

But it's obviously strong enough to stand on its own. If you've got questions about the uni scheme you can contact Joanna or I as we've both made it through the other side with our projects.

About the only drawback is the in-house editor for these things! smiley - winkeye

Just kidding Mark, just kidding. You did a great job! Quickly and efficiently, just like Peta promised. smiley - winkeye


A429860 - solo works of the Beach Boys

Post 8

Stealth Munchkin

I did actually start doing a UoL thing on 60s pop music in general. Never finished it however as I started a new degree course in popular music, which essentially covered much of the same stuff, and I don't like to mix work and play (saying that I'm reusing chunks of this text for a dissertation on the BBs I'm doing for my degree...)


Close this thread!

Post 9

Jimi X

Congratulations and such! smiley - smiley

This entry has been accepted for inclusion into the Edited Guide. Anna herself said, 'Esoteric (well, to me anyway) and interesting smiley - smiley' I don't know what that means exactly, but it can't be bad!

Anyway, this is the start of the editorial process, as you know. Next, this entry will be off to a Subeditor who will review everything and make sure all the T's are crossed. Then it'll head back to the in-house editorial team for a final read-through before it joins the queue for the front page.

Anyway, this one has made it! But I've run out of picks before I was able to recommend your other entry on the Boys of Summer. smiley - sadface Hopefully, someone else will pick them up for me, else I'll have to wait until January...

Cheers! smiley - stout

- Jimi X


Close this thread!

Post 10

Stealth Munchkin

Great! Just hope my opinions aren't watered down *too* much in the editorial process smiley - winkeye - if anything I was too kind to Looking Back With Love...


Close this thread!

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Close this thread!

Post 12

dave

i write the songs was a number one record by david cassidy


Close this thread!

Post 13

Jimi X

Not Barry Manilow?


Close this thread!

Post 14

dave

not in england\also cassidy had a hit with darlin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Beach Boys - Solo and Outside Works

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more