A Conversation for Lair of Greebo

Blighty's Tail...

Post 1

GreeboTCat

Hey ho strangers... Blighty wanted to say a few words so me gave him this thread...

Eeekk, sorry, almost fried my tongue that time. Tis a hard life sometimes being a dragon, a mythical creature if you will. Of course I am only here because you think I am real, a true case of, you think therefore I am.
Sorry I can't speak directly to you, but Greebs has agreed to interpret for me, so that's better than nothing. You see, because of my tongue, and hot breath, I cannot make words as you humans do, so I have resorted to thought.
I have lived with Greebo for a couple of years now, she rescued me from a man who was using me to light cigars with. Greebo likes helping, she would never stand still and see someone hurt, she's a good life form really, and a jolly pretty orange colour to boot.
Anyway, what I was trying to say was, Greebo and I have this good rapor, She can hear my thoughts very well, *sigh - puff of smoke from nostril - raised eyebrow * Sometimes too well!!!
Better be off now, got to see to the Egg's. If you would like to converse with me, just drop a line in this forum, and I will get back to you.


Blighty's Tail...

Post 2

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Hello, Blighty! I just wanted to say that I have heard of the cruel plight of the swamp dragons before, and am very happy that you have found such a wonderful home with Greebo. smiley - smiley

G7


Blighty's Tail...

Post 3

GreeboTCat

With joy I doth greet you kind lady, for goodly Greebo hath given me the knowledge of the keyboard and behold, the words are now mine own.

Truly have I never spoken thus 'ere this day, and my heart is joyous that thou fair lady art the one who shall be first to spake with me.

Goodly Greebo bespake unto me, that the wise and good-humoured folk of H2G2 hath no knowledge of mine olde tongue and e'en understand mine words.

I doth not agree with goodly Greebo's words, and spake unto her that such nomenclature would offend each and every folk of H2G2. Thusly Greebo in all her great wisdom bowed to my words, and thus I spake to the.

If thou canst understand mine own tongue, then I shall with heavy heart once more spake in thy own tongue.

Thus I shall leave ye, with much sorrow, but great joy to come, whence we shall spake again.

Blighty


Blighty's Tail...

Post 4

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Mine most kindly dragon,

Fear not misconprehension on mine part for I have made a study of past tongues. Truly thy words are unto mine eyes a baum, providing in this clipped world a surcease of the discomfortude created by the words of those who do not comprehend the true beauty of language which resides at their fingers. 'Tis a good and kindly thing that the Goodly Greebo hast done, giving thee thine own template from which to paint a masterpiece of language.

Wouldst that I had more time at mine disposal to continue this goodly discourse with thee, but I must away. I shall return anon that we might commune again soon.

G7


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more