A Conversation for Consultants [Peer Review version]

A42830877 - Consultants

Post 21

Malabarista - now with added pony

I'll have to take your word for it. I still think it's ridiculous.

Oh, well, laughter in the workplace is a good thing, I suppose.


A42830877 - Consultants

Post 22

Icy North

Hi Hapi smiley - smiley

Yes, you're absolutely correct that Dogbert/Dilbert made a lasting impression on me, and I have shamelessly adopted that tone in this piece, as I did (maybe to a lesser extent) with recent entries on Workshops, Mission Statements and Icebreakers. If you feel I've gone too far anywhere, then let me know and I'll think again. Maybe it's a UK thing but I always feel that we can knock people who earn lots of money (cf celebrities, bankers, etc). The newspaper headlines I open with are just the tip of the iceberg too.

Your Missionaries/Mine fields analogy is interesting. Is that your personal observation or a published theory? smiley - smiley

Sorry about the big words, Opti. If you feel a simpler one would suit, then let me know.

smiley - cheers Icy


A42830877 - Consultants

Post 23

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl I myself am a dedicated, devoted admirer of Dilbert (and of course smiley - whistle Dogbert) and you definitely haven't gone too far smiley - biggrin well .. not that I noticed anyway smiley - biggrin

do keep in mind however that the "consultants" (as a group) aahh.. how shall I put this .. usually shouldn't complain about the money they make smiley - winkeye however the mainstream consultant definitely doesn't make the hilarious fortunes referred to in the newspaper articles .. I myself cannot remember that I ever made "millions".
There are the happy few (notice the double p in that, I'm not one of them) that do make it to the off-spec wages and (!!!) get to keep it for themselves. that is a small minority.

the missionaries/mine fields analogy came up with a group of colleagues, after only very few smiley - ales .. we categorised the types of projects we'd been in smiley - whistle


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 24

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Peer Review: A42830877 - Consultants

Post 25

Jhawkesby

Congratulations Icy. smiley - oksmiley - bubbly


Peer Review: A42830877 - Consultants

Post 26

aka Bel - A87832164

Congrats! smiley - bubbly


Peer Review: A42830877 - Consultants

Post 27

Icy North

smiley - biggrin


Peer Review: A42830877 - Consultants

Post 28

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Woohay smiley - boing


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Consultants [Peer Review version]

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more