A Conversation for Project: The Supernatural World

Need a hand?

Post 1

shrinkwrapped

I too used to be very interested in the supernatural... I've not been 'into' it as much recently.
As it happens I'm working on an entry about the Ghostbusters craze - but I've got a feeling that's not what you want.

Once that entry's out the way, I'd be very happy to give you a hand - either contributing stuff or offering 'Scout' type advice.

I've also left this message on your Upage.


Need a hand?

Post 2

Jamie of the Portacabin

That sounds great, thanks for the offer! I think the trickiest entry is going to be 'Death - the being'. I've got bits and pieces but nothing substantial so if you've got any ideas on that one they'd be most welcome! And of course anything else.

BTW, I was part of the Ghostbusters craze. I had all the action figures. I even had the big HQ building and the car thing. I've actually *got* the LP with the song from the movie on it somewhere!
Good luck with that one.


Need a hand?

Post 3

Mike A (snowblind)

We have the song on tape. On a compliation. And action figures. I lost interest approx 1991.

Well, even with 100+ guide entries, I haven't touched any of these required subjects. But, I'm sure I can provide plenty of info. Borley Rectory, for example. Could tell you anything on that. How do you want it? In a guide entry? In the forum? In email? Or what?

Glad to be of service smiley - smiley


Need a hand?

Post 4

shrinkwrapped

Probably best to post it here, so all the rest of the nosey researchers can add, comment and randomly shout derogitory comments when things get boring.


Need a hand?

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

Ok. Make it a weekend job. Am busy.


Need a hand?

Post 6

Researcher 99947

The Supernatural World... it would be great to do a sort of comentary/generalisation of what the media has done, as in miscontortions, etc. Hmm... Ghostbusters smiley - smiley


Need a hand?

Post 7

Jamie of the Portacabin

Well Ghostbusters was never eally meant to be a serious study of paranormal activity!
But movies like the Excorcist and Poltergeist, now there's something that may be relevent. Hmmmmmmmm. I'll think on that one....


Need a hand?

Post 8

shrinkwrapped

Wasn't a film made on the 'happenings' at Borley? Or was Amitteyville (possibly spelt incorrectly) supposed to be based on them? - I can't remember.


Need a hand?

Post 9

Jamie of the Portacabin

Amittyville was a haunted house in the USA. And yeah, they did make a film based on the true story. I've never seen it myself but I'd quite like to.

Apparently the film was dogged by bad luck from the start. If the film script was left in a car then the car would mysteriously burst into flames, that sort of thing. Strangely, the script itself never seemed to be damaged...

Maybe I'll do an entry on Amittyville at some point.

BTW - Got anything to be added to an entry then post it in a conversation here. Thanks.


Need a hand?

Post 10

Researcher 99947

Hmm... Yes, but Ghostbusters, etc are very important... watching movies as a child, and seeing those sorts of things, piques certain interests, as well as stimulates misconceptions.


Need a hand?

Post 11

Mike A (snowblind)

Right, later today I'll post up some facts and pointers and stuff on Borley Rectory. From there you should (I hope) be able to work it up in your own words. That ok?


Need a hand?

Post 12

Jamie of the Portacabin

That's brilliant Genocide. Thanks!

On the subject of Ghostbusters, I may have a look at it from that angle Anhedonia as you have just tickled my interest. It depends on how much material I can glean from it....


Need a hand?

Post 13

shrinkwrapped

Well I'm already doing an Uber-entry on Ghostbusters, so what I'll do is post what I've done so far and you can get plenty of info from that (hoepfully). But the fact is that Ghosbusters is entirely fiction and may only contain a few truths... but plenty of laughs!


Need a hand?

Post 14

shrinkwrapped

The entry so far: http://www.h2g2.com/A432848 - it's only in plain text and probably contains thousands of errors too.

I think the only really important thing to say about Ghostbusters (and other films) is that, whatever the truth is concerning ghosts/supernatural is that people are very curious about them. Everyone loves hearing ghost stories around camp fires (and other cliches) and we constantly scared each other in primary school by telling "true" stories of happenings in the local area. Some of them were based on real events... I live in a village that was destroyed by good old Olly Cromwell. Certainly in the 80s, probably spurned on by Ghostbusters, there was a surge of interest in the paranormal.


Need a hand?

Post 15

Jamie of the Portacabin

Yeah, thanks. I don't think there's any need to go into any more detail than that on Ghostbusters. Beside which, I'd be stealing your thunder and the article seems very good so far.

Project's officialy started now so if anyone has anything useful by all means bung it in...


Need a hand?

Post 16

Mike A (snowblind)

I believe I owe you an aplogy, Jamie. Nearly three weeks on and no goods. rl has become even stringier than I expected, and there are 1000s of distractions. I hope you understand. Soz bout this...bluergh!

Borely Rectory is very well documented. Hope you have no probs finding facts about it, if I can't deliver.


Need a hand?

Post 17

Jamie of the Portacabin

No problem. I'm pretty destracted myself at the moment, so I understand fully...


Key: Complain about this post