A Conversation for Pictures: Transport

outdated information

Post 1

LMScott

The information within this section is cartoonish, outdated and of little use in serious debate as illustrations.

Diagrams, photographs and illustrations are essential in the development of many projects, and the only material available is of very little use in many cases.

It also assists greatly to build up a story or project around photos and diagrams,the words flow more smoothly, the explanations are more accurate.

The legal complications of using the correct illustrations to a project do cause problems, copyrights etc, but those problems are not impossible to overcome.

For instance would it not be possible to submit the appropriate illustrations to this collection first for vetting, then displayed for communal use in future projects. Permisssion is easily obtained for honest publication, and having asked properly there is usually no charge.


outdated information

Post 2

SEF

1. Yes, but what makes you think they care?

2. Yes, but you would probably want custom images anyway and they've already said "no" officially to many people (while at the same time sneakily allowing favourite people to add images).

3. They really don't care in general - the get writing site was closed. Some post stories get illustrations. Again playing favourites though.

4. They continually contradict themselves on things like this and don't care.

5. They've previously shown a reluctance to do any proper checking or asking. Eg ongoing green hitch-hiker smiley campaign.


outdated information

Post 3

LMScott

Hi Sef,

Thanks for the reply, points of interest well noted.

Like you I doubt if they are interested, but it is always wise to ask. Politicians rarely answer the raised question, but in my trade I was taught to always ask the question before forming an opinion.Sometimes a crafty reply, a denial or even using your own words back to you as a reply does contain certain feed back information, especially if you already possess sufficient knowledge to make a decision.

I appreciate the reference to the fate of G.W. and I admit to being instrumental in putting an illustrated full sized page on the site and indeed left it there for posterity.

It was said that it could not be done, but I knew a great man, who knew another great man who could, and he did.

The whole object of h2g2 appears on the surface to look forward in time, but how can new ideas be properly recorded without pictures and illustrations, even the cavemen and aboriginals did just that.

Cheers H.
smiley - biggrinsmiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pictures: Transport

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more