Discordians

1 Conversation

Discordians are Worshippers of the Goddess Eris, Greek Goddess of Chaos and confusion. Her main message
to the world can be summed up as "wake up! you dont HAVE to be cattle!" We are all free, free to love, free to dress up in costumes and storm around the mall dressed as penguins, slapping random people with giant foam fish. All higher mathematicians worship her devoutly, as they KNOW Chaos is the very heart of reality, If only the common folk knew as clearly as they do. So We take up that cast down gauntlet, and Illuminize them, one at a time usually.. But sometimes in groups. Or sometimes not at all, but we try.

The truest thing ever said, mayhap, was said in jest:

The opposite of a lesser truth, is plainly false, yet the opposite of a Greater truth is Also truth
---Niels Bohr

When mankind stops taking things for granted, and stops to play games, real and true games, not like monopoly, or chess ( although theres nothing wrong with them, either!) but mind games, with thier inner child.. for in the children , lies our future... who else but a child would think to call a cemetary, a bury patch. Then you will see the world, unfettered by others views, that they have forced on you, and you may play, free once more, as a child.

May Goddess put a smile on your face
Joy in your heart, and a twinkle in your eyes
also grant you the knowledge of a sage, and the wisdom of a child

Hail Eris.

Those windmills...they might be giants, after all.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A423992

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more