The RobiComb may be one of the neatest inventions known to man. Simply put, it's a comb that detects and electrocutes lice. How cool is that?
What is a RobiComb?
A RobiComb is a small1, hand-held device, that more or less looks like a comb attached to a battery pack. Which is basically what it is, running on a single AA battery. When turned on, it makes a low humming noise. As you're combing the RobiComb through hair, the humming will suddenly stop if a louse is detected. When the humming stops, an electrical current passes through the comb, and the louse is electrocuted. The current does not damage hair, and provides only a small buzz if you should happen to be silly enough to hold the teeth of the comb between wet fingers. When you finished combing through the hair, you use a fine-toothed comb to rid your hair of any dead lice. This process is charmingly referred to as "nit-removal".
But does it really work?
Why should I use a RobiComb?
There are a variety of reasons to use a RobiComb:
- The RobiComb detects lice, so it can also be used for screening as well as treatment3.
- The RobiComb is a non-chemical alternative, for those of you squeamish about dumping pesticides on your child's head. As a result, it doesn't have the same potential for harmful side effects.
- Unlike pediculocides, the RobiComb can be safely used to prevent lice infestations by using on a weekly basis to kill lice before they have a chance to propagate.
- While lice can become resistant to most pediculocides, they can never resist the RobiComb!
- The RobiComb can be used over and over again, on any number of lice-infested children.
What's so cool about the RobiComb?
The RobiComb is a comb that electrocutes lice - life simply doesn't get any cooler than this4.