Mitch Benn:Satirical Musician

2 Conversations

Mitch Benn is, I believe, the ultimate musical satirist. He plays the guitar, and he can mimic just about any style of music. He has a band called The Distractions, featuring Tash Baylis (drums and percussion) and Kirsty Newton (bass and keyboards). He has released 4 CDs (3 albums-Radio Face, Too Late to Cancel, and Crimes Against Music-and a single-Everything Sounds Like Coldplay), done numerous stage acts, and has done a show on BBC Radio 4, called Mitch Benn's Crimes Against Music, which will be broadcasting its third series in spring 2006. He also appears on Radio 4's The Now Show, and It's Been a Bad Week on Radio 2. His songs are hilariously funny, including such titles as Get Some Real Porn, Tabloid Journalists, and Please Don't Release This Song. In 1998 he won the Mercury Comedian of the Year Award for his solo act. He is utterly brilliant, and you have to hear him!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A4174823

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more