A Conversation for The H2IQ Quiz - Be The First Among Equals

Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 1

GreeboTCat

The H2IQ Quiz First Question...

Greebo the great detective surveyed the scene....

Wilson Brown-Bear, the infamous grumpy bear, was found shot to death while sitting in his car. Greebo was puzzled by the fact that she couldn't find a single trace of gunpowder anywhere in the car.
This led Greebo to believe that Wilson was murdered by someone outside the car. The strange part is all the windows and doors were completely closed and locked. The only bullet holes found were on Wilson's body.

Since the car was not damaged, how did the assassin manage to kill him??

Please give Greebo some help with this mystery... please write your answer in this forum only...

Remember... only one answer per person...

Thankyou... xxx


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 2

coelacanth

The assassin was inside the car, shot Wilson BB, then got out, locking the car and taking the keys. Unless there was a sunroof of course.......
smiley - fish


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 3

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I’m not sure of the threadiquette here. I’ve signed up not long ago and don’t know if I should wait until I am "officially" accepted as a contestant before answering. But since Coelacanth has already given what seems to be the correct answer, I might as well shout out my own answer. Can’t do any harm, I suppose...


Wilson Brown-Bear was shot *outside* the car by a hooded figure who jumped up from the shadows thrown by the Lincoln Continental parked in the next space. He grabbed at his chest as the hooded figure ran off, and in a desperate attempt to reach help, fumbled for his keys, managing by chance to press the unlock button and pull the door open. He stumbled into the car, pulling the door shut as he collapsed into the seat, bumping the power lock with his elbow. With a last gasp he reached for the ignition, hitting instead the radio. To the sound of "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go," Wilson Brown-Bear expired.


Is that too much detail?


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 4

coelacanth

Now that's a much more stylish answer. I see I'm going to have to resort to bribery. Greebo, a quiz for you. Can you guess what I have in my bag?
smiley - fish


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 5

GreeboTCat

Remember folks... the first answer you give is the one me accepts... ~grin~... You can discuss the quiz in the all new discussions section now set up... click on the DISCUSS THE QUESTIONS link on the left... er.. or is it right... ~feeble grin~

You have a doughnut in your bag Coely... ~happy grin~


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 6

GreeboTCat

Hi Coely... S
orry your answer is incorrect... As stated... there was not a single trace of gunpowder in the car... so how could the assasin have shot him inside the car?
~grin~


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 7

GreeboTCat

Hi d'Elephant...

Very good answer... but alas completely wrong... ~grin~


And me loved all the detail... ~grinny grin~



Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 8

Lost in Scotland

ust for the record. I did sign up before I posted my reply to this quiz question.

The answer to the question is obvious. The car was a convertible, with the top down. Questionmark straightened out, case still not closed, though, since the killer still hasn't been found.


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 9

GreeboTCat

WELL DONE... You have indeed found the correct answer... Lost in Scotland...

We have a leader on the board...


NEXT QUESTION WILL BE POSTED THIS COMING WEEKEND... GOOD LUCK!!!


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 10

Lost in Scotland

Thank you kindly, your Cat-ness. I shall look forward to the next question with great anticipation.

*takes a bow to the crowd*


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 11

coelacanth

*sulks*
Right. That's absolutely the last time I try and cheat by sneaking two answers in at once.
No fooling you Greebo. Or is there? It was a mini doughnut my bag.
smiley - fish


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 12

GreeboTCat

~Grin~

To give the new folks who join (Greebo crosses paws hopefully)... a chance at a go.. me will post more questions than usual up... so a new question is being posted today... after this week... it will go back to one per week... so get those points whilst you can... ~bigger grin~

New question... on the left...


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 13

Titania (gone for lunch)

Out of curiousity I decided to check how far back the quiz questions had passed moderation - you mean to say that they questions were only posted once a week way back when?smiley - bigeyes


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 14

GreeboTCat

Look like it Titania... ~huggle~... though me doesn't think it lasted long... if it came into being much at all... ~grin~

Greebs..xx


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 15

Titania (gone for lunch)

So you've kept it going for more than 2 years now?smiley - bigeyes I'm impressed!smiley - cuddle


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 16

GreeboTCat

Hmmm... two years is a long time when you think about it... didn't think it would last this long... ~grin~...

Must be doing something right...

hugs... Greebs..xx


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 17

Titania (gone for lunch)

Right? Well, I guess you could call it 'right' to get a whole bunch of researchers completely H2IQ addicted - I swear I've noticed a serious slow-down on the h2g2 servers as soon as you come online, with several people re-loading their conversations gadget over and over again, and then smiley - run to load the question, and then smiley - run to post the first answer...

...eh... that'd be my guess, I think...smiley - whistle


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 18

GreeboTCat

~Greebo roars with laughter~... You make me sound like some pusher... get researcher addicted... ~grin~

Me is stimulating the grey matter... though me hadn't thought of me causing a slow down when me comes on line... ~grin~... though of course tis me Greebo... and things always change when me around...

Greebs..xx


Sunday 13th August.... Question...

Post 19

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh drat - I tried telling everyone what a clever little cat you are, Greebo...

<./>F91875?thread=207746&latest=1</.>

Well, the story made it to the top of the entry A766019 - but your name has been left out...smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post