Major Diarmaid LeRue - Commanding Officer of SG - 6

0 Conversations

Profile


Name: Diarmaid Mycrofth LeRue

Nationality: Irish

DOB: 4/8/1980

Appearance: 6'4" and weighing in at 16 stone. Black hair,blue eyes.

Education: Carries a Masters of Ancient warfare from Trinity College Dublin, his thesis was "Phalanx and the Legion, a common heritage".

Diarmuid LeRue was the son of a French Canadian father and an Irish mother. He grew up on a farm in north Cork and at an early age should his promise as a keen scholar. His studies however went out the window when he first got his hand on a .22 long range rifle.

He excelled at shooting, becoming a youth Olympian at 15 at clay pigeon shooting. Winning a silver medal, his talents were soon noticed. He went on to college quickly gaining his masters before he was approached by a Major Keating of the Irish Rangers, the special forces of the Irish Army, and was asked if he would be interested in joining.

Diarmuid quickly rose up the ranks becoming a Lieutenant and also during his three year stint won the all Ireland shooting comp. twice, the European once and the World title once. He was a approached by the US Army Applications Group and asked if he would join. He agreed and the rest is ... classified.

Later he left after wining several medals in several different spec ops missions.

Weapons

Walther WA2000

A revolution in sniper design. The barrel is clamped at front and rear so that there is no teist when firing, while the rest is free to prevent distortion. Further more the barrel is fluted to dampen vibrations and aid cooling. It is of bullpup design and all stock furniture is fully adjustable. Firing the .300 Winchester Magnum and using a standard Schmit and Bender x2.5 to x10 sight the accuracy is considerable.


Country of Origin: Germany

Calibre: .300in (7.62) Winchester Magnum.

Length: 905mm

Weight: 8.31 kg

Feed: 6 round detachable box mag.

Operation: gas

Muzzle Velocity: c.800mps

Effective Range 1000m(3250ft) plus


Heckler and Koch G36

An assualt rifle, used when the enemy are just a little two close for a sniper, an assault rifle unveiled in 1997.


Country of Origin: Germany

Calibre: 5.56 Nato

Weight: 3.4kg

Feed: 30 round detachable box.

Operation: Gas

Cyclic Rate Of Fire: 750 rpm

FN P90 PDW

The P90 represents the future of the submachine gun. The clear plastic magazine lies across the top of the weapon, with the bullets at right angles to to the barrel. Only 400mm long, the P90 has a receiver that acts as a stock and a cartridge ejection is down through the hollow pistol grip. The 5.7mm FN gives excellent range and penetration.


Country of Origin: Belgium

Calibre: 5.7mm FN

Length: 400mm

Weight: 2.8kg

Feed: 50 round detachable box.

Operation: Blowback

Cyclic Rate of Fire: 800-1000 rpm

Smith and Wesson 1006

A 10mm auto weapon, the calibre makes it very high powered, but high quality Novak sights and combat grips make it controllable. Not to be used by novices.


Country of Origin: USA

Calibre: 10mm Auto

Length: 216mm

Weight: 1.06 kg

Barrel: 127mm, 6 grooves, rh

Operation: Short Recoil

Feed: 9 round detachable box mag

Muzzle Velocity: 335mps

Effective Range: 30m

Back to SG Main Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A4164879

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more