Antipasti Pyramids

0 Conversations

More than anything, this is a base for your imagination and whatever ingredients you have to spare. It can be served as a lavish starter, or a main course with perhaps some cous-cous or plain boiled potatoes.

Ingredients (per person)

  • 1 aubergine
  • 1 large ball mozzarella
  • 6 slices salami milano
  • 1 handful rocket leaves
  • A few basil leaves
  • One clove garlic
  • 4-5tbsp extra virgin olive oil (preferably Italian)

Method

  1. Very finely chop the garlic and mix with the oil. Leave aside to infuse while you prepare the rest of the dish.
  2. Wash the aubergine, cut off the top couple of inches, and cut 6 slices, about 1.5cm thick. Season both sides of each slice with plenty of salt and pepper. Throw the rest away or keep for stock.
  3. Heat a very lightly oiled griddle pan (or frying pan) to smoking. Cook the aubergine slices for about 4 minutes on each side.
  4. To serve, arrange the rocket in a bed on a large plate. Place the aubergine slices in a circle on top of the rocket, and top each slice with a piece of salami. Place the mozzarella ball on top, tear a little basil over the top and drizzle with the garlic oil.

Variations

Use your imagination! You can add more or less anything authentic: artichoke hearts, parma ham, asparagus tips, poached egg, sun-dried tomatoes, ceps, anchovies. Let the sky be your pyramid's limit!

Back to my recipe book.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A4150289

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more