A Conversation for Fort Worth - The Town of The Cow

Fort Worth - The Town Of The Cow

Post 1

Seabee128

I have been doing some research regarding the meat packing companys that were at the stockyards in Fort Worth. There is a post regarding the Stockyards Historical District that makes reference to a building that housed the Spagetti Warehouse. It said the building was part of the Armour Packing Company. In reality the building in question actually was part of the Swift & Company. The building housed the administrative offices. When they shut down the plant in 1971 it was vacant for a while and later became the Spagetti Warehouse. That business has since left and the building is being remodeled and now belongs to an oil company. The remaining buildings from the Swift & Company has remained unchanged over the last 18 years when a fire broke out and destroyed the plant.


Key: Complain about this post

Fort Worth - The Town Of The Cow

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more