A Conversation for Brownian Motion

Alas for editing...

Post 1

Slackmaster Nick

Well, this is my first approved guide entry. I am quite disapointed with the editing job, as most of the fun I had with the whole thing was removed. I am not saying that they did a bad job with the edits. I am sure that they did their job as directed.
However, as I suspected, the editors of this site are too concerned with appearance over substance. Check out the original A387632 and you will understand what I mean. Much of the humor I inserted was removed, and the footnotes were cut down immensly. I wanted it to be an article that had as much, if not more, in the footnotes as in the actual article. Alas for editing...

-Nick


Alas for editing...

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Hi Nick

Having read both of them, I agree with you; the original is witty as well as educational. The lighness of touch has been removed, and nothing added in its place.

Thanks for telling me that Einstein did not get his Nobel prize for relativity, I have already forgotten what he did get it for.

I must admit, this has made me a leeettle bit wary of offering my deathless prose up to the knife.

Thanks for the entry. I shall now go and make myself a nice cup of tea.

Ben


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more