The Language Thing - Latin Tutorials

0 Conversations

Latin Department Home | Latin Tutorials Home | Lesson I: What Is Latin? | Lesson II: Conversational Latin | Lesson III: Latin Nouns

Welcome to the Latin Tutorials for the h2g2 Language Thing's Latin Department. These tutorials have been created as a way for the Head of the Department, echomikeromeo, to easily teach her 'pupils' without filling up large amounts of room with lengthly postings in conversations.

If you are not yet a member of the Language Thing or the Latin Department and are interested in learning, speaking or discussing this or any other language, please post a message indicating this to the Language Thing's main page, where one of the directors will add you to the Department's listing.

That having been said, the various tutorials will be listed here. Enjoy!

Lesson I: What is Latin?

What is Latin, precisely? Is it a fish? A piece of furniture? Or, perhaps, a dead language? (Or possibly, as this Researcher would posit, not dead at all!) This section introduces you to the basics on a terribly cool language.

Lesson II: Conversational Latin

We all know Latin is a dead language nowadays, but what if you're visiting Vatican City (or you're just a geek who likes to talk Latin)? Well, these words/phrases/sentences will help you get along in life. Emphasis is placed on grammar in addition to just things to know how to say. Click here to check out this tutorial.

Lesson III: Latin Nouns

You thought you had enough trouble learning singulars and plurals of English nouns? Well, Latin nouns have not only got singulars and plurals — they come in five declensions, three genders and five (main) cases! But don't worry! Latin nouns are very regular — none of those dodgy irregular endings like in English — and this tutorial will have you declining in no time!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A4103010

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more